Susan J. Pearlstein has practiced law in Western Pennsylvania since 1978. Susan J. Pearlstein has practiced law in Western Pennsylvania since 1978. Susan began practice as a lawyer in Neighborhood Legal Services Association's McKeesport office, providing free legal representation for people unable to otherwise afford an attorney. She went on to build a private practice in McKeesport and the Mon-Valley, concentrating in the areas of debt relief and family law.
In 2005 Susan opened the Law Offices of Susan J. Pearlstein in downtown Pittsburgh. But she maintains strong ties and commitments to the Mon Valley, with an office in West Mifflin located near the Allegheny County Airport and Century III Mall.
A life-long resident of Western Pennsylvania, Susan is an Allderdice High School, Chatham College, and Duquesne University Law School graduate. Susan's daughter is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh, and her son also practices law in Allegheny County.
Susan is a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association's Family Law and Bankruptcy Sections. For the past twenty years she has served on the Court's Landlord-Tenant Arbitration panel.
Susan supports the Western Pennsylvania community in many ways, where she has volunteered for organizations as diverse as Habitat for Humanity, the Swissvale Library, and the Pittsburgh Public School’s Middle School Mentor project. You can check out Susan’s reviews of both nationally acclaimed and local up and coming authors in the Post-Gazette, where she appears as a free-lance book reviewer.
Areas of Practice
- Divorce/Family Law
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Foreclosure & Alternatives
- Wills and Powers of Attorney
- Litigation & Appeals
- Real Estate Law
- Pennsylvania, 1978
- U.S. District Court, 1978
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1978
- Chatham College, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Family Law & Bankruptcy Sections, 1978
- Landlord-Tenant Arbitration Panel, 1988
Past Employment Positions
- PA Supreme Court Co. on Racial and Gender Bias, Drafter of Report, 2003 to 2004
- Kessler & Kessler, Partner, 1988 to 2004
- Neighborhood Legal Services Association, Deputy Director and Managing Attorney, 1978 to 1988
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Free-lance book reviewer, 2015
Pro Bono Activities
- Monroeville Planning Commission, 2001 to 2005
- Habitat for Humanity
- Pittsburgh Public Schools Middle School Mentor
- Carnegie Free Library of Swissvale
- Monroeville Community Choir